The History of the 143rd Armored Signal Company
The compny was activated on April 15th 1941, as the 46th Signal Company from a cadre of 92 men of teh 48th Signal Company, Fort Benning Georgia. This cadre commanded by Captain B.R. Adams Jr. left for Camp Beauregard April 15, remaining there til June 11, pending completion of the company’s permanent headquarters at Camp Polk Louisiana.
By June 18th the entire cadre had been transferred to Camp Polk and Awaited arrival of selectees assigned to the company.
The company’s name was changed to the 143rd Armored Signal Armored Company.
With the reorganization of the 3rd Armored Division on January 1st 1942, the company was reorganized as the 143rd Armored Signal Company under the command of Lieutenant Colonel F.G. Trew, personel numbering 9 officers and 247 enlisted men.
© 3d Armored Division Memorial Group (3ADMG)